Monday, September 10, 2007

Tall Knife




This is a bad photo turned to a great drawing of the famous Indian, Tall Knife, aka Micah Nash Timmer.


This weekend, we travelled to Cherokee North Carolina to visit with the Cherokee nation. While there, Micah informed us he had a new name - Tall Knife. We visited the 1750's Cherokee Indian Village, where Tall Knife met with Cherokee guide, Destin. Destin took us on a tour of the village to see women doing beadwork, pottery, weaving and grinding corn. We also saw young men making arrowheads, blowguns, a blow gun demonstration, music demonstration and making a canoe. It was a great experience. It was a first visit for the whole family and a great experience. Tall Knife came home with a real arrow, a blow gun, Cherokee storytelling book and a plastic bow and arrows. Momma came home with some apples, and a piece of soapstone to carve. I came home with much lighter pockets.....now I know why it is wise to visit family for vacation....much cheaper....they feed you for free and give you a free place to stay!!! LOL.
















5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Very cool. We went to a tractor show on Saturday and to a baby dedication on Sunday. So we had a pretty busy weekend ourselves. I'm starting the week with my behind dragging. LOL. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Jon looks well. Has he gone back to Denver?

Nancy S. said...

I wish I could go to the mountians. Glad you guys got to go and have a great time. I know "Tall Knife" was thrilled to have both his mommy and daddy together. Sounds like you stayed very busy.

Judy said...

"How" Tall Knife heap big hunter! Found gold in them there pockets, scalped pale faces..LOL

We've visited there, loved it..gotta little American Indian Blood on my mom's side..

TaraG said...

While it may have been a more expensive trip than you would have liked, it sounds like you guys had a great time and that Micah really had a blast! Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.